geoglobe

Saturday, February 25, 2012

zippo meets Fred Butler





(images from fredbutlerstyle blog)







I'd say it's pretty much common knowledge now that I didn't attend London Fashion Week; a bit of better planning on my part means I probably could have done, but to be honest I find it quite over-hyped and the idea of the general chaos and sheer volume of people kind of puts me off.



Saying that, there are a couple of shows/presentations I wish I could have gone to and top of that list was the Fred Butler A/W presentation. Sculptural pastel pieces that look more like props than apparel. Pastel hair. An almost anime feel...I am besotted.



And every fashionista knows that goodie bags are a perk of Fashion Week...for the Fred Butler presentation they broke the mould of tradition by giving out a limited edition Zippo lighter created especially for the event...





 
I was very kindly gifted one of these lighters and even as a smoker with a penchant for Zippos I can't quite bring myself to use it. Something so awesome and unique shouldn't really be used for such a filthy habit, right? I think I'll treasure this one as the reminder of the one Fashion Week presentation I am genuinely gutted to have missed.



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment