geoglobe

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My New Beauty/Makeup Storage

Dressing Table: B&Q  |  Wallpaper: eBay

 
As most of you will already know, I have just moved into my first house with my Boyfriend. I've had a lot of people emailing/commenting/tweeting me asking to see my new house in the style of a house tour. I'll get round to that at some point, but for now I shall leave you with an updated makeup storage/vanity area.

As you can see above, I have a new dressing table in my own little dressing room (which I shall be doing a tour around in the near future when everything is complete). My dressing table has a really large surface area, which my boyfriend kindly had a sheet of glass cut to protect the surface from any makeup stains which it may be prone to. I'm hoping to put some white rose petals under the glass for a shabby chic effect.




Candles: All Primark  |  Large Black mirror: B&M  |  No7 light up mirror: Boots  |  Love letters: Dunelm Mill  |  Lantern: Dunelm Mill  |  Fish bowls and Beads: Hobbycraft

I've kept the the same storage method for my makeup brushes from my Mum's house. I just find this way really easy to access and a good way to store brushes which avoids them becoming mishaped. The majority of my makeup brushes are by Sigma, with the odd MAC brush, Urban Decay, Elf and other miscellaneous ones.



The dressing table is then complete with six full sized drawers, plus one shallow central hidden drawer. Each drawer is neatly organised with makeup and beauty essentials.


Drawer 1:
All face products including; foundations, primers, concealers, powders, bronzers and blushers. In the back I also keep my perfumes as I haven't yet found a way I would like to store them.

I store my makeup in old Beauty boxes and have also purchased a cutlery tray to organise more efficiently.



Drawer 2:
All lip products including lipsticks, liners, glosses and balms. This drawer is the central shallow drawer, so I have used my old beauty box lids to store my makeup in.


Drawer 3:
All eye products found here! False eyelashes, eyeshadow palettes including MAC, Urban Decay, Elf and Sleek, random single eye shadows, mascaras, eyeliners etc.



Drawer 4:
All things hair related - Hair dyer, straighteners, brushes, products, dyes. In the Louis Vuitton bag you'll find hair ties, grips and clips. I don't really have a sea of hair products, i find something that works well for me and then stick to those products. Something I would really like to invest in is the full sized Moroccan Oil. I only use Tresemme hairspray too, as it is the only smell I can bare without wanting to be sick. Hairspray is an awful smell, but the Tresemme one seems much more bearable.




Drawer 5:
My very organised nail drawer. I bought these drawer dividers from a shop near my house and have sectioned my polishes into colour categories. In this drawer I also have false nails, nail varnish remover, cuticle sticks, nail clippers, nail foils, nail art stickers, glue and hand sanitiser.



Drawer 6:
All random face, body and skincare products. As you can see I have a wide variety! And that isn't even half of it. I have more stored away in a huge kit. This is pretty much what I reach for regularly.


And finally, under my dressing table I like to keep all of my fake tanning products in this little bag and also my Lush bath bombs in this little heart shaped wire basket. I keep them wrapped in cling film to keep fresh. I do have a wide variety of tanning products from lotion, gradual tanners, instant tanners, mousses and sprays. I do have a mixture of high end and lower end brands too. I am the queen of orange!


And so there we have it, my longly awaited vanity makeup set up. I hope you all enjoyed reading as much as I did writing this post. I'm super happy and settled in my new home now. If there are any other new house related posts you would like to see, I'd be more than happy to hear your requests.

If you have links to your makeup collection/vanity set up blog posts, I'd love to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment