geoglobe

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dupe Series: MAC Creme Cup Lipstick

I'm very aware that not all people can afford higher end makeup brands, so when we stumbled across a good bargain it's great to share, huh? Everybody loves a bargain! Especially a bargain which is a good high end duplicate.

I've decided to start up a Dupe Series on my blog, where every time I stumble across a great product which is very similar to a higher end brand - I'll do my best to tell you all about it.

First up, is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, Creme Cup. Being a subtle creamy pink tone, Creme Cup is very wearable for all skin tones. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the makeup brand Elf. After browsing their website, I came across one of their Mineral lipsticks in the shade Runway Pink.  


Left: ELF Lipstick - Runway Pink £3.50
Right: MAC Lipstick - Creme Cup £13.50 



As you can see, the lipsticks are very similar. I do feel that they look more alike when applied to the lips. The only difference I seem to notice is that Creme Cup is a more moisturising finish, where as Runway Pink is more matte, but not at all drying.

For a huge chunk of the price off (a whole £10 less), it's no surprise why I'm loving the Elf range.

What do you think to this dupe? What are your favourite lipstick dupes? Have you ever used Elf mineral lipsticks before?




No comments:

Post a Comment