geoglobe

Friday, February 17, 2012

Jump from Paper

JumpFromPaper™ is a playful and innovative line of handbags created by Taipei-based design duo, Chay Su and Rika Lin.

One cozy afternoon, the two girls were chatting, when they got to sketching their dream designer handbag. A surprising idea popped up – “How amazing it would be if a two-dimensional hand-drawn illustration could come to life as a real bag!” They explored every possibility, rendering fantasy handbags in perspective, and giving birth to JumpFromPaper™.

Cartoon-like outlines and bright and cheerful colors add a brisk yet funky flavor. And despite the slim appearance, each JumpFromPaper™ bag has a roomy interior to accommodate personal belongings and even a laptop.

JumpFromPaper™ takes handbag design on a new journey, ready to twist people’s view!









As soon as I found out about JumpFromPaper I was captivated...the concept seemed so...new and so impossible to achieve. The photos on the website were so cartoon like that I wondered how they could possibly translate in to real life, so when the lovely (and I mean lovely) Michelle offered to send me a bag so I could see for myself I wasn't sure what to expect...a print? A piece of plastic that hooked over my arm?







What arrived was a decidedly flat canvas bowling bag. Wonderfully bright, brilliantly made and just as promised, surprisingly roomy. You wouldn't be able to cart your entire life around in there...but daily essentials, a laptop, some magazines...that'd be no problem. This isn't a bag for the shy. It's so out there that it's going to attract some attention; especially if like me, you are a small town girl, but nevertheless, I am impressed that such an out there idea can be made real, and I think the designers, Rika and Chay have a promising future ahead.



For more information, stockists, an online shop and more visit the JumpFromPaper website and prepare to have your mind blown.



What do you think? Plain crazy or a work of genius? Despite thinking the former, you'll now find me firmly behind this brand and excitedly awaiting more. Let me know if you'd like to see the bag in action.



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment