geoglobe

Monday, January 16, 2012

Battle of the Foundations

Calling all beauty bloggers! I am beckoning you over for your much needed help and advice.

I have recently discovered to my absolute horror, that my all time favourite foundation; Chanel Mat Lumiere has been discontinued. *Cue drastic music* 
That's right, my old ye faithful is no longer available to buy, and to make matters worse, I'm literally on my last drops. *Cue temper tantrum*

After finally getting over the initial woe of the idea that Chanel Mat Lumiere will never touch my face again, I came to realisation that a new foundation was in order. Now, I know what you're all thinking - MAC. Yes, MAC is amazing, and I do love Studio Fix fluid. But, there is just something which just doesn't compare to my previous Chanel. I don't really think fix fluid photographs well on my skin and it a little too matte for my liking. I love the full coverage, but I also enjoy a slight dewy glow to my skin without looking like a shiny grease monkey.

A mission was in order: Mission Foundation Search/Chanel replacement.

I set off to my local department store and made a bee line for the brands I'd never tried out before; Bobbi Brown, Dior and Clarins.


The beauty assistants were very helpful in helping me find a new foundation which could be a good Mat Lumiere replacement. I feel a pay rise in order for them. As they were all extremely helpful and I didn't feel I was being pushed into buying something I didn't want. They also all really took the time and effort to help me decide and test the products.

I came away with the samples above:- Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturising Foundation (shade natural 4), Clarins Everlasting Foundation (Shade Chestnut) and Dior Skin Forever (shade 032).


Here is what each foundation looks like when applied to my skin..


My overall impressions.

Clarins = Smells lovely. Great colour match. Bit too light coverage for my liking. Photographs OK, but I look a little pasty.

Dior = Easy to blend. Full coverage. Can look cakey. Photographs well without making me look like a ghost. Smells OK.

Bobbi Brown = Full coverage. Difficult to blend. Looks far too yellow on my skin. Cool tones. Has great staying power.


Now here is where you guys come in. Which foundation do you think suits me best? Are there any you prefer or have tried? cast your votes now!

2 comments: