geoglobe

Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Unwanted Beauty Box: February

Who remembers my blog post about my New Years Resolution? For those of you who haven't already read what I've been trying to achieve for my Beauty New Year Resolution, you can do so by visiting here.

Basically, in a nut shell, I come to terms with the fact that I have a substantial amount of beauty items; varying from all different makeup, skincare, haircare, you name it. I have my favourite products which I always repurchase and use up pretty quickly. However, this being the case, I'm always neglecting other less used products. I have bundles which end up being shoved to the back of the drawer untouched.

This in mind, last month I put together an 'Unwanted Beauty box'. I did this by sorting out all my less used (if at all) products and putting them all together in a little box vowing to use them for an entire month to try and use up the contents. Here's how I've been getting on a month down the line..


Here is what I put in the box on 1st January 2012;


Quite a decent amount of items as you can see. If you would like to see the full low down on which products I put in there and why, you can do so here.

And here is what I now have remaining in the box after a months worth of use;


Items used up:

MAC NC35 foundation, MAC Cremecup lipstick, all of my Loreal shampoos, Bodyshop Body butter, Urban Decay eye primer, Deodorant, Pixie face primer, MAC eye makeup remover, Spa Magik salt brushing, Colbert eye cream and Rimmel eyeliner.

As well as these items, I've also managed to use up lots of sample sized products I received from Glossybox. It's great to know that I've been using products up without wasting them and/or my money.

The products remaining in the box

The remaining products in the box I have managed to use up quite a lot of product but I still have a lot to get through.




As you can see, I've used up a lot in the remaining few.

I've decided to remake up another Unwanted Beauty Box for February to help me get through even more products.

February's Unwanted Beauty Box;


Whats in there? & the reasons they're there?

Coca Cola Cherry lip balm
Although it's yummy, it just makes me lips really red looking which I'm not a fan of. I'll be using this every night before bed.

Elf Tickled Pink
Yes, its making a reappearance in bid to hit pan!

Soap&Glory Face Clarity cleanser
I do really like this, but I have so many cleansers which I prefer so I want to use this up before using my favourites.

Bodyshop lipgloss
I'm sure this is half empty now. I will get through it, I will, I will!

Lady Million body lotion
This is lovely, but it wouldn't be something I repurchase.

Elf eyeshadow duo
Being the happy owner of the Naked Palette, all my other eye shadows become neglected.

First Aid beauty body lotion
I'm going to keep this in my handbag as my to go hand cream.

Oilatum face repair
So many Bloggers rave about this product, but for me it gets neglected as it is rather heavy for my skin and I prefer to use other moisturisers.


So there you have it! I'm challenging myself again. What is in your Unwanted beauty Box this month? Are you setting yourself this challenge?



No comments:

Post a Comment