geoglobe

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Topshop Make-up Haul

OK, so I know I'm a little bit overdue with this post. I'd read so many blogs about Topshop's make-up range, and was very eager to try out a few products from their selection. Being a consistent Topshop customer, I've surprised myself that I haven't picked up any of their makeup sooner.

None the less, over the weekend, I toddled into my local Topshop hoping to try out a few pieces. After inspecting all of the items, I finally settled for the following;

Nail Varnish - Mannequin £5.00
Nail Varnish - Sketch £5.00
Lipstick - Brighton Rock £8.00



'Mannequin' is the beautiful delicate nude shade, perfect with one coat for a french manicure or two coats for a perfect peachy pastel finish. 'Sketch' is a real earthy, grungy dark grey. I love 'Sketch'. It's really classic and just about goes with everything!

I really rate these nail varnishes and would highly recommend them. I'm quite the critic when it comes to nail varnishes - I'm difficult to please. Not only are Topshop's polishes thick and luxurious, but they're also long lasting. Hurray for Topshop!






I also picked up 'Brighton Rock' from the lipstick range. I had my eye on 'Hazard' on their website, but this was much nicer in the flesh. It really reminds me of MAC's Impassioned (another favourite lipstick of mine), so I was really happy to pick this one up at £4.00 cheaper than the MAC one.

Their lipsticks aren't as drying as I was expecting and are long lasting too. I shall hopefully be picking some more up soon!

Has anyone tried out anything else from the Topshop make-up collection? I really want to give the Cream Blushes a try. I've never used a cream blush before though, I've always used powder blushes, so I'm not sure if I'd be any good at applying them. Let me know your musings..

No comments:

Post a Comment