geoglobe

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sheffield Bloggers Weekend!

So, here it is! The eagerly awaited Sheffield Bloggers Meet up Weekender post!

And what a weekend it has been. I have genuinely met some really amazing people and the best thing was -they were all just a little bit crackers, like me! Ha ha.

Saturday morning, I stood in the Sheffield Train station twiddling my thumbs whilst awaiting the arrival of all the Bloggers/YouTubers. I was quickly greeted by the lovely Helen, closely followed by the ever so stylish Kate. Whilst waiting for the others to arrive, we decided to jump in the queue for the coffee shop and purchase a quick hot beverage, before the stunning Maxine decided to pop up from behind us! It wasn't long before we caught sight of a very excited looking Emily too!

We all stood and had a little chat together, and it wasn't long before the rest followed along after; the Geordie comedy legend Haidee, fellow Geordies Bryden & Claire, the quirky & edgy Chloe, the fellow red head Nicoletta, the preppy chic Lizzy, the friendly and fun Claire and finally, the beautiful Dionne.

I headed for the nearest trustworthy old lady and politely asked that she take our photo. Bless her, she cut Helen and Bryden out of the shot. Camera Fail.


We headed straight for the local Yates' bar for some lunch and cocktails. Never too early for a cocktail pitcher between Bloggers now is it? Ha ha.


After filling our tummies with some yummy grub, and consuming vast quantities of 'Woo Woo' and 'Cheeky Vimtos', I decided to get the little giveaway going which I had prepared. The giveaway consisted of three prizes.

I wrote all of our lovely Ladies names on to pieces of paper and threw them into Chloe's kindly donated hat.


Out comes the names!

1st Prize = Maxine
2nd Prize = Haidee
3rd Prize = Nicoletta

The prizes consisted of makeup and skin products. Well done girls!

Prior to the meet up, I was contacted by the ever-so talented author Bethanie Lunn, who kindly sent out a copy of her book 'The Modern Girl's Guide to Fabulousness' for me to read and review. I'm really looking forward to getting into it! She also very generously sent out some lipsticks for us all to try out.
I really urge you all to go and check out her website http://www.bethanielunn.com/

Thank you Bethanie!


Here we have it; a group shot with us all in! Although slightly blurry. Hmm.


After a day filled with lots of cocktails, chatterboxing and laughing until it hurt, we all headed back to get our glad rags on for the night out.

Emily kindly invited us all back to her flat for a few pre-town drinks. We were then joined by the utterly stunning Kavita. I've always loved her blog - as she has some really inspirational outfit posts.

What time is it? Wine'O'clock.


The night wouldn't be complete without a human pyramid.


We were also joined by Cat and Briony.


I just want to thank all the girls who attended. You really made the weekend a brilliant one! I'll hopefully see you all again very soon - as I'm 100% certain I'm going to be organising another Bloggers Meet Up in the Summer. Hopefully then, many more of you who couldn't attend this time will be able to come along.

I hope you've all enjoyed reading this post as much as I have writing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment