geoglobe

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Red Hair

I'm always receiving lots of lovely emails from you girlies, and I've noticed that the most popular questions I'm asked are mainly regarding my hair;

"What colour/hair dye do you use on your hair?"
"How do you get your hair so red/purple?"
"How do you ask for your hair cut at the hairdressers?"
"How do you get your hair so big?"


Well, I figured that I would construct a blog post with all the answers for you.
Here is what my hair looks like at the moment;

It's kind of a multi-tone reddish plum colour.

First of all, it has taken me a while to reach this said colour - with many different hair dyes later, this is finally the colour I've been lusting after for so long.

I started off with really dark brown hair and used Loreal Feria Plum Power for a good few months, just topping up my roots when I needed to. This gave my hair a nice reddish brown shine to it. I was really eager to get red hair, but I didn't want to damage my hair for this result. I've damaged my hair in the past and it isn't a good look. So, bleaching and stripping kits have always been a big no- no for me.

After a while of using Loreal Feria Plum Power, my hair got slightly brighter after every use. I then moved on to a Red by Swarzkopft. I'm not entirely sure of the colour but it was something like 'Real red'. I used this and didn't really like it that much as it left an orange tinge to my roots.

Wanting to get rid of this, I opted for Swarzkopft Cyber Plum. On the box is looked a really bright shiny plum. I can assure you it was the biggest hair mistake ever. The colour sent my hair black.

In desperation to lighten my hair back up I purchased one of the paint pots by Directions in Poppy Red. And since then, my hair has been this colour.


I just thought I would give you an insight to the products and colours I'm currently using on my hair;


I usually dye my hair with this Loreal hair dye whenever I get root regrowth, which is usually up to 6-8 weeks.

So that I'm not damaging my hair dying it all the time as red is very high maintenance, I usually whack one of these paint pots on every three weeks just to brighten the red which is already on it. I use 'Poppy Red', you can purchase these from little Goth shops usually and they're roughly £3.00 depending on where you get them. With my hair being long I tend to use two pots.

These paint pots are so easy to use. You literally shampoo your hair, rinse, slop this on for 15mins, rinse and then apply your conditioner and rinse as normal. Make sure you wear gloves though as it will stain!

Here is the Shampoo and Conditioner I'm also using to help maintain my red hair.

And so there you have it! My Red Hair Journey.

I hope this post has been of help. If you have anymore questions or queries, then feel free to comment below and I'll be glad to help!

1 comment:

  1. I like your hair colour I tried the Feria Pure Plum P37 but I feel it is a little too bright. Is the pure scarlett slightly darker it does look like it from your picture and that is the ideal shade I aiming to get :)

    ReplyDelete