geoglobe

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Perfect Peachy Pout

Being a beauty blogger, it's somewhat of a popular addiction when it comes to indulging in the latest lipstick.

There are many lipstick junkies amongst us bloggers - myself included! With a drawer full of nudes, pinks, corals and reds, I have been on the look out for the 'Perfect Peachy Pout' (as I have rightly named the title of this post).

Whilst in Newcastle on a recent Bloggers meet up, us girlies perused around the makeup counters like a pride of Lionesses prowling around their next prey. In bid to stumble across the Peach lipstick I have designed purely in my own mind. Every girl does it, right? Dreams up the perfect shade in their thoughts? Well, I most certainly do.

I finally caught sight of the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick range, thank you to my lovely friend, Helen, who brought this beauty to my attention;


YSL Rouge Volupte - Peach Faubourg #30


This is the first, and probably only YSL lipstick I will invest in. Purely because of the whopping price of £22. Don't get me wrong - I love the colour and felt this was the reason I could justify spending this amount. I also think treating yourself every now and again is a good thing. But, I do think it is a hefty price for a lipstick alone.

I must say, my first YSL experience has been a very good one. Not only is the packaging and product amazing, and very expensive looking, the lipstick itself is fragranced with a melon scent. Pure delicious!





What do you girls think? Do you enjoy indulging in the more higher end brands? Or do you find them a waste of money? Or like me, do you occasionally like to treat yourself and have a healthy mix of higher and lower end brands?

I'd also love to also hear of any perfect peachy colours you've come across. One of my favourites is also MACs Shy Girl. A really lovely milky coral shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment